Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Boy! Is it hot!

We were out door knocking this morning and within 1/2 hour I was feeling the heat pretty badly! Those of you who know me, know I inherited not being able to take the heat from my dad! My face starts turning beet red and if I'm not careful, I end up with a headache that sends me to bed! Fortunately, that did not happen today! I tend not to sweat, excuse me, perspire.....but today I was sweating like a ..... hog? dog? You finish the saying cuz I don't remember, lol!

After going door to door, Tim and I made a couple of other visits and the air conditioning in the car took care of cooling me off! And when I step outside of the car, my glasses immediately steam up! What a pain! It's ok as long as I'm not having to read something! Getting old is a pain! Literally! It will be so nice when we all get to heaven and all of the aches and pains disappear! No more tears! No more sorrows! It is hard to imagine, isn't it?! And, the way the world is these days, I just have a feeling the LORD could return any day!

The rest of the day was spent painting on VBS props and sorting and getting the crafts ready! So, Jessica D, if you are looking, unless something unexpected comes up, it should be no problem to meet you half way to pick up the girls one week from Monday, August 2nd.......that is the correct date, right???? as I smile remembering a past trip! :)

Hope everyone has a blessed day in the LORD's house tomorrow!

5 comments:

Elisabeth said...

I've been thinking a lot about Heaven these days. I read the book 90 Min in Heaven, which deals a little with the issue and now I'm reading the book Left Behind. I was thinking about this the other night, laying in bed: People (myself included)always ask if our loved ones who have gone to Heaven before us are looking down on us or can see us. I don't think so because as evil as the world is these days and the fact that even as Christians we continue to do wrong every day, I don't think it would make anyone in Heaven very happy to be able to see what we are doing, or not doing. And since there is no pain or tears or anything like that, surely they can't see us up there! Make sense?!

Vicky said...

It sure does! I never looked at it in that light before!

jessicaday said...

Michael brought that up too - he was wondering if you'd be there tomorrow instead of next week. ;-) Yes, it is Aug 2nd.
I'm so appreciative of you working extra hard so you can meet me halfway!! You are SO good to me. (Now I'm remembering a past trip and you driving me home. I am so blessed to have you in my life!)

Kimberly Pitman said...

I feel your pain about heat and getting old. I don't like either very much.

I had to smile remembering your posts from your last trip to get your precious grandbaby. :)

Talk to you again soon. Tomorrow we're off to another week of church camp. Last one of the summer!

Anonymous said...

I used to think my grandparents, etc could see me up in heaven and then when my granny died I happened to think of some situations that happened after the funeral and that she would be so upset if she knew what was going on and then it hit me....no sorrows, tears, etc in heaven, so they must not be able to see us. It was a sad realization to me because I guess I wanted to think that she was still "with me", but I know she's so much better off and thank the dear Lord above that she didn't know what was going on!