Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, July 12, 2010

Monday, Monday!

Today was a busy day! I wasn't at the computer much! I got up at 9:30 (after going to bed at 2:30) and finished hanging, folding and putting away the last of the laundry that I finished drying last night (this morning at 2:30, that is!). Then I worked a quite a while on the church sign message. The first message Tim gave me was too long. The second one didn't have enough letters, so I had to make more letters and then laminate them! Finally, about 1 1/2 hours later, I was done and made my grocery list, mailed a bill and some bulletins, checked my e-mail and deleted several hundred! I get so many because I am on tons of yahoo groups for digital scrapbook advertising. I hope it is worth the hassle in the long run!

Finally, at about 1:50 I am ready to walk out the door to do my grocery shopping when I realized I hadn't even eaten yet today! What is up with that?! That doesn't happen much! But, there were no more bananas and I got involved with the other stuff and just never get back to the kitchen. Wish I could do that LOTS and loose LOTS of this fat! So, I fixed myself a grilled pepperjack cheese sandwich with some of Tim's sour dough bread he fixed before I went to Jessica's. YUM! Was that good!

Of course, by the time I am finally ready to walk out the door, it is pouring the rain! NP! We REALLY need the rain! The grass is deader than dead! Totally brown and crunchy! So, the rain was a welcome sight! I just went back in the house for the umbrella and a jacket. The jacket because I knew if I didn't that I would freeze in the stores with being wet from the rain! I'm glad I thought to get it!

I got back to the house at 3:30 and put the groceries away and started supper. Jessica called and we talked for about 15 minutes, I guess. Then I told her I needed to hang up so I could get her dad's dinner ready. I was in the mood for something different, so I found a mesquite flavored pork loin at $3.97/lb. But, we will get 4 meals out of it, so the $8 turns out to be $2/per meal. I put it in the oven, and while it was cooking, fixed mashed potatoes, bacon-flavored green beans cooked waaaaaay down, and some corn. When I turned the corn on the last thing, the circuit to the stove kicked. So I popped the corn into the microwave and pulled everything else. Fortunately, it was all done!

After dinner, I cleaned up the kitchen and ran the dish washer. While that noisy contraption was running, I went to the fellowship hall to paint on VBS stuff. 2 hours later, I am back at the house and going through more e-mail! Story of my life, lol! And, now I'm feeling like 11 pm will be a good bedtime tonight. Especially since I have to be up earlier than usual to take Tim's car to the windshield repair shop by 8 a.m. Then we will be able to pick it up again around noon. Sure hope my car gets us there, lol!

Enjoyed the cruise pictures of Jessica and Michael I saw on FB! Liz told me that I looked like mom in my picture I posted yesterday. I think it's the glasses! :) Actually, I agree and I think I am looking more and more like her all the time! Which is not a bad thing. Mom was a pretty woman, I think! You just didn't want to cross her! That Cherokee/Italian blood was not something to mess with! :)

2 comments:

Jessica said...

First your day wore me out just reading it! Then I got to the grandma part and the first thing that popped into my head is that I would definitely say that about you; that you were a beautiful lady and then I realized that I am definitely not wishing your passing on you! I tell people all of the time that you are beautiful and perfectly photogenic.

jessicaday said...

I had NO IDEA you guys had ITALIAN in you!!!!!!! HOW HAS THAT NEVER COME UP!!!?????? Between Italian and Native American, no wonder Kara is so brown.