Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Here in Paradise

You may or may not know that the name of my daughter's blog is "Just Another Day in Paradise." And, since I am was visiting with her last week, I decided this would be a good title for a post!The week slipped away quickly! We had a busy day of park hopping on Tuesday! We went to one park to walk in the creek, which turned out to be very cold, even thought the weather had been so warm! Then we went to another park so the kids could enjoy the playground while the adults just hung out with the newest member of the family, Sawyer. I got some great pictures there. And after dinner, we walked to a park close to the house. By the time we got home it was bath time for Hannah and Ryan, followed by bed time. Michael and I played a game of Battleship and a couple hands of Uno. He won all hands. Out of the 6 games we played, he won 4!
Here are some pictures to review the day.

Walking in the cold creek water. Hannah was with me watching baby Sawyer.
2nd park.
Michael and Ryan stayed on the merry-go-round almost the entire time we were there.
Terry came to the park during his lunch break.
Hannah did some posing for me in the gazebo at the park.
I took MANY, many pics of this butterfly!

Sawyer sleeping with not a care to the world!
Sea Monster at the park near the house.
Sawyer would not take a pacifier for a couple of days! He really sucked on it at the parade!

No comments: