Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Weekly Thrift Trip

No pictures of the day, just because! Since Tim and I are trying to change our eating habits (I don't want to say the "D" word!) HE decided we didn't want to eat out 2 times today! :) So, to work around that, we didn't leave until after lunch, which was my first time to eat for the day. I had a glass of orange/guava juice earlier, which was long gone by the time we ate lunch!

So our thrifting today took us to Greensboro because we wanted to make a stop at the Farmer's Market that is right off I-40 at exit 208. Honestly, we just didn't want to pay the prices! I think we still can do pretty good at Aldi or Walmart. I know the corn we got at Walmart the last time was cheaper and was very good! But, I sure miss Virgie's Veggies in WV!

I did cost Tim some money today in our adventure! I bought some dressier flip flops and a teeny tiny hexagonal fish tank to sit on my desk. And Tim found a computer lap desk equipped with a reading light on a goose neck. I think it will work out great! The problem with using my other board that I have used for years is that my lap gets soooo hot, right through the board! This lap board is, as you have probably seen, cushioned with fabric and some sort of stuffing. I sure hope it helps, anyway!

I guess I'll have to take some pictures of my bargains today and post them at some point. Especially after I get fish in my little tank!

Tomorrow, more work on VBS props! Not to mention, getting the crafts finalized!

The weather today, for those of you interested, was 95 with a heat index of 104! That is just too stinkin' hot for me! I was really beginning to feel it when we were strolling through the Farmer's Market! WHEW!!!

1 comment:

Kimberly Pitman said...

"Dressier flip-flops" used to seem like such an oxymoron but now it's just part of life and footwear!