Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Today is Gone!

Sundays always fly by! There just doesn't seem to be as many hours on Sunday as there are the other days of the week! I enjoy the feeding and being fed from God's Word. I enjoy getting to see my brothers and sisters in the Lord and hearing how the LORD has blessed them through the week. I enjoy coming home to a meal that is ready from either the crockpot or the oven. Today, I fixed pork chops and gravy and baked potatoes in the oven while at church and then just had to heat up some veggies and lunch was ready! I enjoy a relaxing afternoon, which ends all too quickly before it is time to grab a snack before church and head back for some more food from God's Word! No wonder I'm overweight! :) Actually, it's not that I'm overweight, I'm just not tall enough, lol!
Got a call from my sister tonight. She is planning to spend her vacation here with me. I can't wait to see her again! We are already scheming how and when we can see my newest grandson, her newest nephew! We will just have to take a road trip while she is here!

I have also decided that, since Tim and I cannot be with the grandkids on their birthdays, that I will have a big party for them while they are all here! They will get their gifts in a card, but the party (cake, ice cream, etc) will happen while they are all here together! That way no one will feel left out! No one will get gifts, just food and probably a trip to the swimming pool!

I haven't taken many pictures lately, other than when I was in Lancaster with Jessica. But, I did take one of Tim and I for my July Calendar, which I have not completed for my desktop yet! So, here is the picture and then I'll say good night! Hope you all have a great week! I'm looking forward to hearing about and seeing pics of Jessica and Michael's cruise!

4 comments:

Elisabeth said...

pics of the cruise are on facebook

Elisabeth said...

BTW, you look just like g-ma in this pic!

Vicky said...

It's the glasses! :)

Jessica said...

I disagree! She doesn't look like grandma much. But if anything I think it is the gray hair not the glasses! :)