Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Eye-Popping

No plans for today after being out all day on Monday and Tuesday.  I got up, ate breakfast, worked on the computer, searched for ideas on converting the storage shed into a craft domain, made the bed, did a few things in the kitchen and then decided to go to the Goodwill in Thomasville, grab lunch at Arby's and go to Lowes.  However, there isn't a Lowes in Thomasville.  So I ended up in High Point, which is really only about 10 miles away, probably less, from our house going the back roads.  Lowes didn't have what I wanted.  So I came back home and went to Food Lion to get some needed ingredients for my tilapia recipe I was fixing for supper and some salad (citrus burst kit by Fresh Express).  I already had the sweet potatoes.

Here's the Baked Tilapia recipe I used from Taste of Home.  It was OK, but I wasn't crazy about it.  I will fix it again, however, because I bought capers especially for this recipe.  Do you know what capers are?  "Turns out, capers are the unopened flower buds of the prickly caper plant, Capparis spinosa, and they are native to the Mediterranean region.  Capers are normally pickled or salted.  Most of the jars you see at the grocery store are pickled capers."  You can read more about them HERE.  I found them by the olives.

Here's the fish, ready to go into the oven.  I baked it a little longer than 20 minutes because I had it in the fridge long enough for the butter to harden.

And, it was a lovely meal.  I REALLY enjoyed the Citrus Burst salad!  YUM!!

Sorry!  I had to add this picture.  Yes, that is one pop-eyed mouse that hitched a ride on the 4-wheeler when Mark ran Piper this afternoon!  He looks scared to death, LOL!  Mark can get a little crazy on the trails!  ;-)
Tomorrow I plan to finish my devotion for the Ladies' Meeting on Friday night and do some sketching and drawing some plans for the craft shed!  I'm itching to get back into my crafts!



No comments: