Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, September 22, 2018

Happy Early Birthday To Me!

My birthday is NOT until October 8th.  But, I got my present today!  You will see pictures below of the gift!

We wanted to take a road trip to the mountains.  Marrow Mountain State Park, to be exact.  So we left the house around 8:45 and stopped for breakfast at Kerley's in Welcome on Rt. 8.  Then we headed south to our destination.  It was about 65 miles from the house to where we parked the bike at the scenic overlook in the park.  We took advantage of the bathroom facilities, took some selfies and pictures of the scenery and then headed back home.

On the way home we stopped for gas.  Mark checked his phone (as he did every time we stopped) and had received a couple of messages from his daughter, the ones he was checking his phone for.  She had sent a text to me which did not come through until 2:36.  Stinking reception!  We were checking for messages from her because she was bitten by a cat at work yesterday and woke up with her hand hurting with infection and she was going to go to the ER to have it checked.  Depending on what they did for her, she was going to possibly need us to drive her home if they drugged her.  Which is what happened, so when we got home we headed to the hospital to get her.  She had both of her kids with her and we stopped at Wendy's to get everyone food.  They ate the food in the hospital and then we took them home, Mark driving her car with her while the kids rode with me.

When we finally got home we were trying to determine what we wanted to do.  We had been out all day and now did not feel like doing the work we had planned on doing at the house.  So, we went to the bike shop in Greensboro.  And that is where I got my birthday gift!

When we got back to the house, I donned my new bike-riding helmet, jacket (less the lining) and gloves and we took another ride!  Yes, I think I'll keep the gear!  I really enjoy riding a bike!  Not sure if I will ever want to be in the driver's seat, but I am enjoying being a passenger!

And our trip begins!

I love this picture!

Headed up the mountain to the scenic overlook in the park.


Of course, there HAD to be a selfie!

We believe that is Badin Lake in the center of those mountains in the distance.

One lonely puff of cloud.

A little green lizard.

I couldn't believe that 2 1/2 gallons of ethanol free gas cost $10.00!

Capturing the sun behind the clouds on the way back from Greensboro.  I love being able to see the sun's rays!



Voila!  Here I am decked out in my new helmet, jacket and gloves!

NO!  I did NOT drive!
Have a blessed Lord's Day!

No comments: