Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, September 17, 2018

Paperwork!

I finally began the process of getting my name changed on the important documents, like my Social Security account, banking, mail and car.  I thought I would be sitting for hours at each place waiting to be the next customer.  I was pleasantly surprised, but couldn't do everything I had planned to do.

I started with the Social Security office.  The last time I was there, I had to wait 1 1/2 hours just to ask a question about my widow's benefits I receive monthly, which I found out that I get to keep collecting, even though I have married again.  The Social Security Administration site reads:  "If a widow or widower remarries after they reach age 60 (age 50 if disabled), the remarriage will not affect their eligibility for survivors benefits."  That was good news!  That means all of MY monthly bills will still be taken care of.  Things like my "health" insurance, which is only $220 a month instead of $1,000+ if I were to be added to Mark's insurance plan at work!  Also, things that already come out automatically like my life insurance, phone payment, etc.

Anyway, I clocked in at 10:04 at the SS office and was done by 10:31!  The only thing was that the name change for my new SS card doesn't take effect until midnight, and I was told I could not go to the DMV to take care of that name change and new driver's license until tomorrow.  I told him I was so glad to know that since that WAS where I was planning to go next!

So, I headed to the bank instead.  It took me as long there as it did in the SS office.  But, my name and address are now changed on my bank account and I have new checks ordered and a new debit card, which they were able to make while I was there.  I'm going to have to be very mindful of what I'm doing when I sign my checks!  After all, I've signed my name as Vicky L. Day for the last 42 years!  Signing Vicky L. Whittemore is going to take some getting used to!

After the bank business was done, I headed towards the post office to do 2 address changes.  One for the parsonage and one for Ilene's since I get mail at both places.  But, on the way, I made a pit stop at Mega Thrift.  I found 3 pairs of blue jeans.  Then I went to Arby's and got a Ruben and large tea.  I ate only half of the Ruben and saved the other half for Mark.

My next stop was Costco for dog food.  I also got some meds I always take.

My next stop was one of the Goodwills Tim and I used to go to every week not too far away from the post office.  I found a clothes drying rack for $5, a kitchen sink mat for $1 (brand new) and a pack of journaling cards for scrapbooking for $0.50!

When I got to the post office, the first thing I did was to make sure that was the post office branch that serviced the parsonage and Ilene's.  Then I completed 2 forms and was done with my errands for the day.  By this time, I'm beginning to feel hungry again, so I texted Mark to see if he wanted to meet me at Real Q (where we catered the reception from) in Wallburg for supper.  When he confirmed he would meet me there, I had time to run home and unload some of the stuff from the car and then went to the restaurant.

After we got home Mark's son, Michael, and family came over to bring us some fresh eggs.  They stayed for a couple of hours.  While they were here, Mark went through some of the pictures to give to him.

When they went home, we took the 4-wheeler out on the trails to see how much tree damage had been done.  There were some small branches down and a tree or so had fallen, but not too much work to be done.

So, it was a BUSY day, but I got lots accomplished!  Thank You, Lord!  Tomorrow I will go to the DMV and hopefully get all of that paperwork done, along with paying the property taxes for the car, getting a new driver's license and a new sticker for the car.

It was nice to see the sun today, even if only peeping out between the clouds.  This picture was taken as I left the SS office..

Then, as I drove down the road, the blue sky came into view!  How pretty!  How good to see the sun after all of the rain the last couple of days from Hurricane Florence!

Heading to the woods to check out the tree damage.

What a beautiful sunset I was able to capture through the trees!
And the clock is ticking towards bed time!  Have a great evening and blessed tomorrow! 💓

No comments: