Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, September 6, 2018

Rest and Relaxation

The last couple of days have been full but full of restful and relaxing activities.  Playing games, doing puzzles, going to eat, thrifting, staying up late and sleeping in.  That's what I call a vacation!

Tuesday, Sept. 4, 2018
Headed to breakfast at Melanie's in Boone, recommended to us by our dear friends Dale and Juanita Wallace.  Anywhere we go from the cabin includes a beautiful drive through the trees and winding roads along the mountains.

We chose to eat outside when we arrived at the restaurant.

Hungry man meal.

My meal, which Mark had to help me eat!

Loved these flowers vining up and around this tree!

Flowers still going strong for September.

Clouds as we head back to the cabin after breakfast.


A view of the cabin from below the deck.  There are actually 2 cabins here.  We are in the one on the right.

It has been wonderful to enjoy God's Word from the deck!

Mark trying his hand with my camera.

Totally relaxing!

Late lunch at Wendy's.

There is a lonely cabin/house way over there from us!  What a view they have!

A little chipmunk unwrapping a nut!
We stayed up late watching a couple of movies we brought with us from home.  That called for sleeping in!

Wednesday, Sept. 5, 2018
No plans again.  We stopped at the store while we were out yesterday and bought some oatmeal to fix for our breakfast, along with some coffee.  So, we didn't have to leave until we were ready for some lunch.  We stopped at a Goodwill on the way back to the cabin. Found some puzzles for $0.50 each!  Mark found a pair of docker pants and some tennis shoes to wear to the woods.

Eating oatmeal and drinking coffee on the deck

The leaves are changing here in the mountains.

Headed to lunch.

Zaxby's!

My fix for the day!




The black spot is a hawk flying over near the cabin on the other mountain.




A zoomed in view of the house on the other mountain.

Love the game, Skip Bo


One of the puzzles we got at Goodwill.  300 pieces.  Took us about 1 1/2 hours.  That would be a great cabin to vacation in!

One of the perks we received in renting our cabin is receiving a $50 gift certificate to the restaurant right across the road from the cabin, The GameKeeper Restaurant.  You can imagine the cost if you are given a $50 gift certificate!  We had reservations for 6:45.




Appetizer included a sampling of bison, emu, rattlesnake, rabbit and fries.  It all was delicious, but I let Mark eat the rattlesnake and rabbit sausage.

When the staff found out we were on our honeymoon, this was compliments of the chef.  Oyster mushrooms with wood chicken (?).  I ate it all as one bite.  Mark ate each piece.  The way I ate it was amazing and flavorful!

Mark's meal consisted of elk with all manner of mixed veggies AND bleu cheese mac and cheese!  It was delicious!

My meal was fettuccine with all manner of veggies and a duck confit!  It, too, was delicious!  Mark had to help me eat it all!

And, upon hearing we were honeymooners, they gave us a $15 gift certificate to be used on our anniversary visit with them!  :D

After dinner we went into Boone to see the Mission Impossible movie, Fallout!  It was really good with the exception of some language that could have easily been left out!  Typical Hollywood!

Yes, this is a selfie inside the theater.  Mark and I were the only 2 in this theater.
Wonderful days!  One more full day and then back home on Friday.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have loved looking at your honeymoon pictures and seeing “my brother from another mother Looking so happy.” Thank you for sharing.