Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, September 24, 2018

Thrifting

My bestie is back in town!  So we were together today!  But, I totally forgot to get a picture of our get-together!  Shame on me!  Ilene's sister from WV came back with her, too!  I went with them to High Point to drop Ilene's van off for some body work.  The insurance company provided her with a rental.  We went thrifting while we were there.  I found several things that I will be able to use in my organizing of the craft building.  Mark is making some L brackets for me to use between the joists for shelving.  I can't wait to get started on putting the shelves together!  Most of the shelving will be used for storing a lot of the books I have collected.

We ate lunch at Zaxby's while we were out.  After I got home, I sent Mark a text to see what he wanted for supper.  He wanted salad and soup.  So, I made a trip to Walmart because I also wanted to get some mums.  I got Mark some fruit to eat at work, too.  I stopped at the parsonage on the way back to the house to get some hanging flower pots to put the mums in and then stopped at Mark's work to give him the fruit.  He was working on the L brackets for my building, which he stayed after work to do, using some of the scrap metal that was at the shop.

After supper tonight, we worked on putting the molding down in the dining room.  Tomorrow I will begin moving some furniture back into the dining room from the hall way and one big piece from the living room.  One step at a time we are getting there!


At one of the thrift shops, Ilene saw this sign displayed near a rack of black dresses and a couple of red dresses.  I had to take a picture and send it to Mark (it was a black dress I wore to church back at the first of the year that opened his eyes to me).  He asked me if I bought the sign.  I had to tell him that it wasn't on sale, but I did look at the dresses to see if there were any my size.  Unfortunately, there weren't any for me!  I will have to make my own sign for him to hang or sit somewhere so he can think of me all day!  ;-)

No comments: