Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, September 2, 2018

Rehearsal and Dinner and Reception

The more Jessica and I talked about the reception, the more we thought it would be nice if the grandkids could be involved in some way, shape or form.  So, we talked about some things and then decided that it might be necessary to do a rehearsal of sorts with the kids.  I also decided it would be nice to do a rehearsal dinner.  The dinner and rehearsal happened Friday night.  Here are those pictures:

Dinner at Stone Creek Seafood:


With a little bit of clowning around......





Contrary to the way it looks, that is my arm around Mark, not Jessica's.  HA!  Couldn't have done that if we tried!

Earlier in the morning on Friday, Jessica and Araya and I went to the church and decorated the Fellowship hall for the reception.  It was beautiful!  Jessica's decorations, inspired by Pinterest, turned out beautifully!  She worked so hard on it to make it beautiful for her momma!  My sister-in-law, Jennifer, who lives in Ohio, too, helped Jessica!  Thanks so much, to the both of you!  It truly was beautifully done!  Here are some pictures of the decorations:

BEFORE

The tables AFTER


Alternative Guest Book. Puzzle pieces to be signed by guests.

Jessica created the box for the gift cards.  So pretty!

This was put outside by the door.

One of the two cakes.





Favors

So cute!




And, now for the actual reception.  I had a video taken of the kids coming down the aisle, but it is way too big to post!  Sorry!

Guests arriving:













Waiting for the last of the guests to arrive so we can begin!

Time to begin!







We totally forgot about my bouquet!




Other photos taken throughout the day:




































Family Photos:


















It was a great day!  Thank You, Lord, for Your blessings on us!  Thank You for the plans You have for our good and Your glory!  Our prayer is that we keep You front and center of our marriage and that we honor You in all things!  Help us to unite our two families in the love of Christ!  And our prayer is that You will save our lost family members!

No comments: