Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, September 16, 2018

Safe and Sound

Hurricane Florence is alive and well in NC.  But I'm glad we live 4 hours inland!  Those who live closer to the coast are not doing so well.  There is major flooding.  Surprisingly, we have had a lot of rain today, but, so far we are not seeing the flooding.  And I pray we do not!

Mark and I have done lots of work on the house this week.  He finished putting the new tile and got the grout work done in the room that will be the dining room.  I worked in the kitchen mostly.  Cleaning and arranging the cabinets and rearranging them.  I also worked under the sink to clean up the linoleum and some of the areas that were bare wood.  I also took the rest of the tile that was left from the dining room and kitchen and put it on the floor of some of the cabinets.  I am still arranging and rearranging things in the cabinets.  There is more stuff in the cabinets than I really have room for.  I need to work on the storage bowls to get them more organized.  One day at a time!

We began the day with a home cooked meal and ate it on the deck.  Sausage, bacon, eggs, hash browns, toast.

Put some tile in the bottom of the cabinets.

New dining room floor.  Mark still has to seal the grout, but the grout is supposed to cure for a good many days before putting the sealer on it.  Then I will be able to start putting furniture on the floor, after he gets the baseboard back on.

Mark went through a bunch of stuff in the corner of the living room today while I was working in the kitchen.  There is still lots to do, but we have made a huge dent in it!  I will be glad when we can start thinking about decorating and furnishings!  One day at a time!

No comments: