Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, January 24, 2019

Beautiful Day!

WOW!  I was totally surprised by the temperature this afternoon when I headed out to take my engagement ring for cleaning!  If I had even thought it was going to be so warm, I would have headed out a LOT sooner to enjoy the weather!  I didn't even wear a coat!  Just a flannel shirt with a T-shirt underneath!  Thank You, Lord, for the 50+ degrees with beautiful sunshine today!

Mark and I have been battling headaches all week.  Mine have been sinus related; his, too, probably.  But welding at work does not help his any!  Up until today mine has been behind my left eye.  Today it moved to my right eye, but was light compared to what it was behind my left eye.

It was a Ruby Tuesday kind of Thursday, And, a bonus for today was that it was a BOGO free entree!  So, I donned my upper partial plate and we took off to Thomasville when Mark got home from work so we could beat the busy supper hour.  I ordered my usual Hickory Bourbon Pork Chop and got a sweet potato and the salad bar.  The salad bar was so good that I made my meal out of it and brought the chop and sweet potato home.  Mark and I will share it for supper tomorrow night (Friday).  Double bonus.....the meal was free, thanks to a gift card we received for Christmas from Jessica and Terry!  Thanks bunches!!  This is the 3rd time we have eaten on the card and still have enough for another time!  LOVE the BOGO free coupons we get via email!

Tonight Mark and I are going to play some Sequence.  Have a great evening and great Friday!

No comments: