Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, January 13, 2019

It's Not A Secret Anymore

Thursday evening, December 20th, the ladies of our church enjoyed an evening of food, fun and fellowship as we met to reveal our Secret Sisters of 2018 and draw new names for 2019. We had delicious soup, salad and dessert for celebrating. We also had a friendly White Elephant gift exchange with just a bit of thievery. Finally, we prayed out the old year and prayed in the new year.  Thank You, Lord, for Your blessings throughout the year!
Food.....

food.....

food.....

food.....

and more food!

White Elephant gifts

Secret Sister gifts

Gift to everyone from Ilene

Gift to everyone from Vera Mae


Everyone who participated in the Secret Sister activity of 2018

No comments: