Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, January 19, 2019

Discovery!

Thursday was a busy day.  I got up and made the vegetable soup for the Ladies' Meeting.  I also made the decaf sweet tea.  I had to stop at the store for cookies and crackers.  Then I took the food to the Fellowship Hall at church.  While there I had to make copies in the church office, but the copier didn't make very good copies that I could use to pass out to the ladies, but no biggie!

I also went to the Lifeway Christian Bookstore because I needed some more secret sister cards for the year.  While there I always check the clearance aisle and I got several things.  Then I went next door to the shoe store and found some $90 ankle-height boots marked down to $34 and I had a $10 rewards coupon.  CHA CHING!

Then I stopped at the Goodwill in that area and found another box.  I did some Googling and discovered it to be a vintage Italian Florentine Wooden Gilt box.  While researching the box, I happened upon a similar item to a thrift store item I showed you already.  It, too, is vintage (mid-century 1900's) Italian Florentine and is a small gilt tray.  I know I have seen other items like these at the thrifts before but never really paid any mind to them!  I believe I have found something new to collect!  Here are some close-up pictures of the box and the tray.
Top of the hinged box

Side view showing the detail.

Back of the box with details.  This is the hinged side.

Inside of the box is very plain.

This sticker is on the underneath side which is what helped me to identify the box in my web surfing.

Also on the underneath side.

A better view of the tray than I showed you the other day.

The back of the tray.
I found a tray similar to mine that was sold for $66 but it was a large tray.  One similar to mine is for sale for $18.  As you can see from the last photo, I paid $1.99 for mine.  CHA CHING!  And the box I found that is similar to the one I found today is for sale at $155.  Mine cost $1.00!  CHA CHING!!!  I have no interest in re-selling my finds.

I'm still trying to figure out the heart-shaped box.

Have a GREAT weekend!

No comments: