Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, January 25, 2019

More Fun Things!

I found some more goodies at the thrifts that I will be doing some research on to see what I can find out about these new items in my position, if I can.  Feel free to share any knowledge you might have!

The first item reminds me of a fancy offering plate.  I love the scroll work in the bottom of the plate and the cut work along the edge.  I can't find anything engraved in it.  UPDATE:  THIS plate has the same design in the center, but the cut work is different than the one I have.


These tongs are unique with more scroll work in the tongs and the handle.  The inscription says it is zinc.  UPDATE:  You can see these tongs HERE.


Here is a serving spoon of sorts with fruit embossed in the bowl.  This is from Sheffield England.  UPDATE:  This same spoon is HERE.



This bowl has a handle with someone's name engraved in it and the date of 18.5.59 (May 18, 1959, I presume).  "Prata" is inscribed in it and a number, "Regia 90."  UPDATE:  HERE is the closest thing I can find that looks like the same type as the one I have.  THIS place is calling similar dishes "fruit bowls."



This is a 2-dimensional (?) picture.

I love Jim Shore's carvings and paintings.  And someone at Goodwill did not know this was an absolute steal at $1.00!  CHA CHING!!!


Here is another interestingly shaped box.  The embossing in the "roof" reminds me of the heart-shaped box I got last week, which I still have not found anything about.



And I'm not sure what type of boxes these are, but I have 3 or 4.  I'm thinking they might be wine boxes??  The others I have are painted with a wine bottle decoration is why I think they may be wine boxes.  Someone may have repurposed this one by repainting it, but I don't know for sure.  Besides this one, here's another repurposing IDEA.  And HERE is one repurposed into a love letter keeper.


And a wooden dish.  I think the word on it may be German.  The crosses are what caught my attention to this piece. UPDATE:  HERE is some information on "Oberammergau."  HERE is a plate similar to mine.

"Handarbeit" means handwork


It was another beautiful day today.  Only made it to the low 40's for the high, but the sun was nice and bright!  Asher enjoyed frolicking in the sunshine!

I ate lunch at Arby's while I was out and about today.  Love their Loaded Italian subs!



Thank You, Lord, for your watch-care over me throughout the day!

Have a great weekend!

No comments: