Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, January 28, 2019

Let's Ride!

Today was another beautiful day!  But, I spent it indoors knitting and straightening up the bedroom and patching a pair of Mark's work pants (fail on the patch, so I will have to sew the patch on!)

When Mark got home he asked if I had any plans for the evening.  He said if I didn't he was going to work in the woods again unless I wanted to take a ride on the bike!  Well, that settled that!  A bike ride it had to be.  I had supper in the oven, I just cranked the temperature down a bit to make sure it didn't burn while we were gone.  I donned my warm gear (thermals) and boots while Mark took care of the dogs.  Then he got dressed in his bike gear and we headed out for about 45 minutes.  It was so nice being on the bike again!  The air was chilly even with the temp being in the low 50's.  I was glad I had the thermals on!


I got a rough measurement of the width of this blanket to be approx. 53" wide.  It is only about 28" long, so I have quite a bit more work to do.  I still have a few more skeins of yarn left.

We ate supper when we got back from our bike ride.  Baked cajun salmon, baked sweet potato and rice and veggies.  All of it was cooked to perfection!

Well, it is time to call it a night!  Have a great Tuesday!

No comments: