Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, January 14, 2019

Play Date With Friends

I had a follow up appointment with the oral surgeon this morning.  He said things look great!  I have an appointment in 2 months to have a CT scan of my lower jaw to see if there is enough bone to have implants.  And we will go from there.  He removed the teflon that was there to hold the bone graft in place until it "took." And he removed some stitches.  He told me I don't have to wear the partial plate all of the time.  So I chose not to wear it at all today, hoping the roof of my mouth will do some healing.

I had a real hamburger and fries this evening!  WOW!  They tasted GREAT!!!  Best part is that I am feeling fine, no stomach ache at all......so far!

After I had my dentist appointment, I grab some scrambled eggs down the street from the craft store before returning to the craft store to pick up a few items.  Then I went to Ilene's and spent the afternoon with her.  Carolyn came over, too!  We spent the afternoon working on a puzzle and had lunch together.  Carolyn brought some chili and Ilene made egg salad.  I passed up the chili because I was afraid of what it would do to my stomach.  But the egg salad was delicious!

Mark was not feeling well after work, so he said he was going to eat something and then lay down.  So I told him I was going to just spend more time at Ilene's so he could rest.  Then when it was 5:30 Carolyn was heading home and we decided to pick up Julie, her daughter, and go to supper at Ruby Tuesday.  Then we went back to their house and just visited.  It was great spending time with all of my friends today.

Working on a jigsaw puzzle.

Being goofy outside of Ruby Tuesday as we head home.
Thank You, Lord, for sweet, Christian friends!

No comments: