Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, January 13, 2019

.....And A Happy New Year!

I had to wish you a Happy New Year because I haven't seen you since Christmas!  Welcome to 2019!  I am glad to "see" you again!  I pray your year is going well so far and that you feel blessed.....because you are, whether or not you feel like it!

So, since the first month is almost over ALREADY (how did that happen?!) I decided I better let you know I am alive and basically well!  I AM BLESSED!

So, today is an icy, sleety, rainy day for us here in Winston Salem, NC.  Our church services were all canceled for the day, so we have been vegging around the house.  Actually, we still have our pajamas on!  I started the day with reading and studying God's Word (John 13).  Mark slept in with a headache before getting up and reading his Bible.  I fixed a brunch of bacon, fried egg and cheese sandwiches for Mark and I had bacon, scrambled eggs and toast.  That lasted us most of the day.  For supper Mark fixed himself a bowl of cream of potato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich.  It looked so good, but my stomach was not feeling quite right to eat that much.  So I ate some tapioca pudding instead.  We've been watching football all afternoon, while I knitted on the baby blanket I've been working on.
Ice, Ice, Baby!
Mark walking Piper this morning.
Icy, pajama day!
  
Baby blanket.  I'm getting there!

My Week (Jan. 7-12)

I started out last week by going to the oral surgeon for having 2 upper teeth removed and bone grafts added to the spots in preparation of implants in about 3 months.  The surgery went well without anesthesia, just local.  But by the time I got home I was as sick as a dog!  I spent the rest of the afternoon in the bathroom.  I have no idea what the problem was!  But it messed me up for the whole week!  I don't know whether it was the antibiotic I was taking, which was amoxicillin, but it has never bothered me before.  (I had to take 500mg 3 times a day for 5 days.)  Or maybe I had a virus that just happened to begin then.  But whatever it was it threw me for a loop!  I was in bed ALL day on Monday.  Mark stayed home from work on Tuesday to be there for me if I needed anything.  I spent most of Tuesday in bed.  I was weak and felt like I would pass out.  I knew it was from dehydration and lack of food.  Tuesday I had 2 cups of yogurt and water.  Wednesday, the scales told me I had lost 10 lbs. during the last 2 days.  My stomach was still a mess and I just could not bear to eat much of anything.  I did eat a little bit of chicken noodle soup.  I felt very light headed and called Ilene to come and spend the day with me.  I actually felt well enough to go with her to get some groceries of soft foods I could eat while my mouth is healing.  Thursday evening I talked Mark into taking me to Ruby Tuesday's for a change of scenery.  Plus we had BOGO free entree coupons.  The only thing I could eat was mashed potatoes.  But we brought the rest home for Mark to eat for supper on Friday.

Yesterday was the last day for the antibiotic.  So today I was anxious to see if the antibiotic was the cause of my upset stomach.  However, I may have pushed it too much when I ate so much at brunch.

During this week I have been rinsing my mouth several times a day with warm salt water to help the healing process.  I do have a partial plate to wear for public appearances, LOL!  Mark probably wishes I would wear it around the house, too!  Thankfully, I did not need to use the pain medicine, hydrocodone-acetamin, at all!  Thank You, Lord!  I am sure it would have REALLY done my stomach in!

I am wearing the partial plate in the picture below.  The teeth were removed from the left side of my mouth.  #10 and #12.  What that means for those of you who don't know (I only know because they are - or were - my teeth), the teeth on either side of the eye tooth are the ones that were removed.  I look a lot more chipper in the picture than I actually felt.  Tomorrow is another day.  I do feel better and stronger today, thank You, Lord!
At Mark's Aunt's 80th birthday brunch on Saturday, Jan. 12th.
Sky picture captured on the way home this past Thursday evening, Jan. 10th as we drove back from Ruby Tuesday.

January 1-6

Noah and Jaxon, 2 of Mark's grandchildren, spent the weekend with us a week ago, Jan. 4-6. 
We are on our way to church here.

Family Birthdays I know about (or remembered, LOL)



January 1st was Waboose's (Mark's oldest grandchild) sweet 16th birthday.



January 2nd was Jessica's (my oldest child with her handsome hubby) 39th birthday.



January 8th, Pam Diener, my sister's daughter, turned 36.  And, yes!  All 7 of those beautiful children and one handsome husband, are hers!

And the year is off to a good start!  Thank You, Lord, for Your many, many, MANY blessings on me! 💕

1 comment:

jeday0323 said...

I didn't know you were going to do the oral surgery. I'm so glad for you that the process has begun - I know you've been wanting to get started for quite a while now. I hate that you were so sick though!