Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, August 27, 2019

A Day of Eating

Today, I picked up our good friend, Carolyn and then picked up Ilene and went to our favorite restaurant (Randy's in Welcome) to enjoy their beef tips.  They are soooo good, you don't need A-1!  But the best part is spending time with good friends!



I dropped Ilene and Carolyn off and then went to get groceries.  By the time I got back to the house it was about time for Mark to get home.  After he took Piper for a run, we went to Cycle Gear in Greensboro to exchange a new helmet he ordered online that didn't fit.  And then we went to Ruby Tuesday's for supper.

 Mark makes a good looking salad! 


I brought most of my tips home from lunch and Mark ate them, so I was feeling pretty hungry by the time we ate.  I ordered the Cajun Chicken Pasta & Shrimp.  I always give Mark the shrimp, but, can you say, "I ate the whole thing!"  I'm feeling like I should have brought half of it home instead of eating it all!

I've been fighting a stupid headache all day. I'm loving the cooler weather,  even if it is mixed with rain, but that causes sinus problems for me which leads to headaches.  This,  too, shall pass!

No comments: