Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, August 30, 2019

Fire Pit And Friends

Today Mark worked on the fire pit out in the woods.  It's not complete yet, but it's a good start!  The bricks are not tight enough around the pit, but it gives us an idea of what we still need.


Tonight we had some good friends from church over to play Uno Attack and eat junk food!  It was a blast! Thank You. Lord,  for the blessing of godly friends!

With Mark being off on Friday it always seems like it is Saturday!  Please pray with us that work will pick up at the shop so he is working more than 32 hours a week.  As much as I enjoy having him home,  it is a big hit to the pocketbook!  The Lord will provide!

Thank You,  Lord,  for Your provision!  Help us to trust You for our needs!  We know You care about the details of our lives!

Does Jesus Care?
by Frank E. Graeff, 1901

Does Jesus care when my heart is pained
Too deeply for mirth or song,
As the burdens press, and the cares distress,
And the way grows weary and long?

CHORUS:
Oh yes, He cares, I know He cares,
His heart is touched with my grief;
When the days are weary and the long nights dreary,
I know my Savior cares.

Does Jesus care when my way is dark
With a nameless dread and fear?
As the daylight fades into deep night shades,
Does He care enough to be near?

Does Jesus care when I've tried and failed
To resist some temptation strong;
When for my deep grief there is no relief,
Though my tears flow all the night long?

Does Jesus care when I've said goodbye
To the dearest on earth to me,
And my sad heart aches till it nearly breaks -
Is it aught to Him?  Does He see?

Oh, YES!  He cares!  I KNOW He cares!  He cares deeply about you and me!  1 Peter 5:7 tells us to cast ALL of our cares upon Him because He cares!  Thank You, LORD, for Your unfailing love!

No comments: