Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, August 29, 2019

Plans

Mark has been talking about making a fire pit since we got married.  Today we decided where we are going to put it.  Out in the woods in a clearing with trails all around.  We will construct some sort of cabin/building there, too.

We decided to have a picnic in the woods at the
future site of the fire pit and cabin.  This picture was
staged, lol, but we DO have prayer before every meal.
Mark always prays for the LORD to continue
blessing our relationship.

We ate baked chicken patty sandwiches, potato salad
and had donut holes for dessert.

This picture includes Piper, most of her, anyway.

Here's a look at the clearing.  We were eating
just to the left of this picture.  You can see part
of the wagon we sat on to eat.

Not sure what this flower is, but it is pretty!



I'm standing next to the tree in the clearing, looking into
the direction of where the cabin will be.


Looking back at the tree I was standing by.

One of the trails runs by the tree.

This is a better look at the trail.

There is plenty of fire wood for the pit.

This is looking from the cabin area across the trail.
There is another trail along the edge of the tree row.

A close up of a pine branch with the sun shining through the trees.

A barrel we plan to use for burning stuff.
Mark will use another one cut shorter for
the fire pit.

Piper.  The bucket on the tractor is how Mark carried
the barrel out to the woods.

I thought this grapevine looked creepy going up
the side of the tree.

A fork in the trail.

The mail trail we take in and out of the woods.

We decided to sit on the deck to play cards since
the weather was so nice this evening!  It didn't
take  very long for us to lose the light of day.



It was a good night for me in the card game, A Different Kind of Rummy, for a change!  I love the lights I put up on the deck!  It was a very enjoyable evening on the deck!  Thank You, LORD, for a beautiful day!

No comments: