Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, August 11, 2019

Bike Date Night

August 8, 2019
Thursday marked 2 years that Tim left us.  I did pretty well getting through the day except when my girls talked about their dad.  I hate that Tim left us at such a young age in life, but God had other plans for us.....all of us who were affected by his death.....family and friends alike.

Mark texted me from work and wanted to know if I was interested in going out to dinner and then go to a movie.  Of course!  And we took the bike, which is the first time we have ridden since coming back from our 1,422 mile vacation trip in July.

Shadow selfie

 We went to Carabba's before we went to the movies.

We ordered the "Date Night" special for $45.  It included:
appetizer
soup or salad
entree
dessert to share

We ordered the mozzarella sticks and marinara appetizer

I ordered the minestrone soup

Mark ordered a chicken soup

They also gave us bread and flavored oil to munch on while
waiting on our food.

Both of us ordered the chicken Parmesan and garlic potatoes.
By the time I ate the appetizer and soup and bread, I had to
take my entree home.

This was a huge and delicious piece of dessert!
I took one bite and had to let Mark have the rest!
Unfortunately, the chocolate probably would have
made me sick later on during the night!

We knew we had a theater gift card from our wedding
but I was pleasantly surprised to find we had a
gift card we could use at Carraba's, too!
Thank you, Dorothy, for the gift card that you gave us as
a wedding gift!  We enjoyed it very much!

Next, we went to the movie theater and got our tickets, but it
was too early for our movie.  So, we went across the street to
Walmart to use the rest room and walk around until time for the
movie.

We sat on the very back row so that Mark wouldn't have to
listen to any chattering going on behind us.  But, the theater
was pretty empty.

Phones do not take good selfies in the dark, lol!

The theater we went to was out Hanes Mall Blvd in Winston.
Thank you to whoever gave the gift card to us!
I'm sorry that I don't remember who to thank!

On the way home we stopped to get gas.

One nice thing about the bike is that it doesn't take much
money to fill it up.  Mark says it holds maybe 6 gallons total.
When he fills up, he resets the trip counter so he can keep track of
the miles we drive before we fill up again.  We get 40 miles per gallon.

The movie we saw was "Fast & Furious:  Hobbs and Shaw."  It was rated PG13 and was designated as an action movie.  It definitely was filled with action, but I am appalled at the language included in the movie!  Why, oh why do the writers feel like they have to include such language when it is totally unnecessary?  It was a great movie other than the language!  So, parents, this is an FYI!

Another disappointment is the language used in the show, "Designated Survivor."  The first season we watched was wonderful.  It had some language, BUT this season, the very first show was disgusting!  They have lost our following because of, not only the language, which was 99% worse, but the sex and alternate life styles that were included.  Too bad they have to ruin perfectly good shows by adding the garbage!  But, I'm not really surprised as the devil works harder in these last days!

August 9, 2019
Liz called me on Thursday to see if I could get the kids because they had been stuck in the house all week since she had to work getting ready for school to begin next week.  So, I went on Friday and picked them up.  We went to IHOP for breakfast and then came back to the house to ride in the woods.  They finished their breakfast for lunch, we went back to the woods and then papaw came home early and played in the woods, too.  When we went back to the house for a break and a drink and potty, the kids decided they wanted to go home to swim.  Sounded good to us because it was really hot outside!
I rode with Ryan for awhile!  Boy!  He can scare you!

Hannah on the 4 wheeler

Most of the time, I drove Abby.

Break time and everyone grabs the electronics, LOL!

OOPS!

Papaw had to fix our tire, so we took a selfie!

 A few videos.....

Ryan flew by us and stirred up the dust while we were stuck on the side of the road.

Papaw coming to our rescue



 Papaw drove Abby after he fixed the tire.

I rode with Hannah when she traded and let Ryan ride the 4 wheeler.

I don't know if I want to be in a car with Ryan or not, LOL!

We had a good day with the kids!  Thank You, Lord, for the times You allow us to spend with our grandchildren!

No comments: