Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, August 24, 2019

Rainy Saturday

What a day it turned out to be!  4 wheelers and go carts do not make for fun in the pouring down rain!
Mark's daughter, Jenifer and her son, Jaxon and Jenifer's boyfriend, Adam and his 3 kids, Presley, Davis and Greenlee (forgive me if those are spelled incorrectly) arrived just about the time it started raining really nicely!  But that didn't keep them from having some fun.....getting pretty wet and muddy, especially Jaxon!  Mark was driving one of the girls in a go cart, but the wheels were sliding and he had a hard time keeping it away from the trees, so he parked it!

They took a break to eat some pizza before going back out for awhile.  And before you knew it, it was time to clean up the vehicles and get ready to leave for other activities elsewhere.

Everyone is ready to come back.....when it isn't raining!

Vehicles getting washed off.

It is hard to see, but Jaxon's new hoodie 
is covered in muddy splatters!

And that's a wrap for this Saturday!

No comments: