Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, December 19, 2009

December 17, 2009

We traveled to Northern KY today to visit Tim's parents. We were going to leave at 11 a.m. to travel to WV and spend the night with our DD. This would break the trip up and we wouldn't have to spend so many hours on the road in one day. Then we were going to get up tomorrow and travel the rest of the way. After our visiting, we were going to go back to our DD's house in WV, spend the night and then leave Saturday morning for NC. However, with the winter weather forecast calling for a foot of snow in the mountains, 1-3 inches here in W-S, at 8:30 in the morning, we decided we would leave at 9 a.m. and travel straight through to KY to visit the parents and spend the night with Tim's mom and then head back home tomorrow, hoping to beat the snow before it hits the mountains!

We had a nice visit with Tim's dad and stepmom. Since our plans changed, we arrived there around 4:30. Reba fixed supper for us while we were there. We exchanged Christmas gifts and then headed to Tim's mom's house.

Credits:
Cindy Ritter, Winterland Waltz
Font: apple butter

No comments: