Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, December 6, 2009

December 6, 2009

Before going to bed last night, I surfed the internet for an easy mitten pattern. I found one that looked relatively easy, plus I was able to do 2 mittens at once! The only thing that concerned me at first glance was the thumb. But it was pretty easy! I got the cuffs done last night before going to bed at 1:30 and finished the mittens this afternoon. Pretty easy as long as you follow the pattern closely and count your rows correctly! I used a pencil to mark down each row. I like gloves to go up the arm a little bit, so I added some rows to the cuff. Hope they aren't too big! They look pretty big to me! I think (hope) I will have enough yarn to finish the last mitten! If not, I'll buy some more and maybe make some leggings! But, I doubt they get them for Christmas! :)

Credits:
Shawn Walters, Adrienne's Amethest Apparition (I think the title is spelled wrong on this kit, btw)
Font: Apple Butter

3 comments:

Kimberly Pitman said...

You sure are crafty! :)

I wish I was. Seems like I start projects that end up taking years to finish. I'm still working on a wedding sampler for the daughter that married last year. In my defense, she wouldn't pick a pattern from the book until too late to get it done.

The other 2 girls and spouses each have one that I made, and had theirs on time, so I'll persevere even if I have to give it to them for their 25th anniversary party!

Elisabeth said...

they are cute!

Anonymous said...

So cute!