Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, December 7, 2009

December 7, 2009

I took a break from knitting today. I had other pressing matters to attend to.......namely, the checkbook! I did not realize until last week that it had been 4 months since I had reconciled it! YIKES!!! Fortunately, nothing unexpected was found! WHEW!!! So, while I was working in the checkbook, I decided to take care of this month's bills, too. Then I had to fix up a couple of pages of borders for Tim's "Gambling" sermon he will be preaching on Sunday. One of the ladies asked him a couple weeks ago if the church would accept a tithe from a lottery winning! He was going to let it ride for awhile, but then someone else said something about taking chances every day, so he decided it was time to go ahead and deal with the issue!

My E-mealz menu for tonight was Chicken Dijon, Baked Sweet Potatoes and Apple Walnut Salad. It was all very good! Yes, even the salad! Not your typical Waldorf salad as it was not made with mayonnaise. Plus, Waldorf salad does not have lettuce in it, if I remember correctly. Tim scoffed at the thought of eating apples and walnuts on a salad. I told him he needed to be adventurous and at least try it. He couldn't say he didn't like it if he hadn't even tasted it! Well, to his surprise, it was good! However, he only ate one bowl whereas I ate two! The dressing is what did it, however! I will have to admit it! But, I am more adventurous when it comes to trying this sort of recipe out. Like grapes cooked with chicken, pineapple on pizza.....stuff like that! Tim, not so much. He is basically a meat and potatoes kind of guy!

Credits:
Maddy Fernandez, Mele Kalikimaka
Font: Apple Butter

No comments: