Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, December 3, 2009

December 3, 2009

Last night at church one of the ladies gave me a starter bag for some Amish Friendship Bread. She had it started already and it was ready for me to add a few ingredients and then split it into 4 more starter bags plus make a batch of bread. This bread is better than the ones I have done before many years ago. You add cinnamon to the batter as you prepare it for baking and then you sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on the baking dish. It is yummy! It reminds me of a coffee cake. I'm going to make some bread for Christmas to give to the kids when they come and I'll have some to eat while they are here, too!

Credits:
Barb Speck, Winter Blues
Fonts: Apple Butter for title and date and Bradley Hand for journaling

2 comments:

Kimberly Pitman said...

I love the bread and several of the recipe variations and do mega batches when I do it.

Come to think about it, we have a couple of loaves in the freezer from the last baking. Now that I've been reminded again, it will need to come out!

Anonymous said...

YUM!! I've never had that one, but when I was a teenager, mom got a sourdough bread starter and she made it all the time. She came up with her own recipe with it to make THE most AWESOME cinnamon rolls too!!! Okay....now I'm hungry!