Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, December 19, 2009

December 18, 2009 - SNOW Fun! NOT!

We reached I-77 South near Ravenswood, WV at around noon. We traveled a couple miles on I-77 and then stopped at Burger King for sandwiches which we ate on the road. The slushy rain started around 1:00. By 2 it was snowing. By 2:30 the roads looked like the first picture.


This is a bad day for someone! Praise the Lord, He protected us all the way home!

One of the many instances of both of us getting out and cleaning the ice build up off of the wipers and windshield!
Treacherous driving conditions!

We made it home 4 hours late, safe and sound! Praise the Lord! What a beautiful coat of winter white!

3 comments:

Kimberly Pitman said...

Glad you made it home safely. We got a little bit of snow, but nothing like what you saw!

makeyesup said...

Remember how nasty the snow and ice storms can be in Ky. My Father and stepmom lived there for quite a few years. Wouldn't go see them between Nov and Mar as always knew Ky could not handle winter like we do in the Chicago area and further north. Hope that you can stay around your home for the holidays. Wishing you a blessed and Merry Christmas and enjoy the love of the season.

Anonymous said...

It is beautiful, but dangerous. So glad you made it home safely!