Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, December 19, 2009

December 18, 2009

Happy Birthday, dear husband! I pray we spend many more years together here on earth!

After visiting Tim's dad yesterday, we went to Tim's mom's house in Covington, KY. She had waited for us to come so that she could take us to a steak house for supper. OOOPS!! So, she was hungry when we got there and we decided to drive to McDonalds and drink something while she ate supper.

After spending the night, we went to Frisch's Big Boy for buffet breakfast bar, YUM! Then we took her back to the house, loaded up the car and headed back to NC. We were hoping to miss the snow but it started before we got to the mountains! What a trip! Cars were sliding off the road in every direction! The snow just kept coming down! We had to stop several times to clean off the wipers for the snow that had turned to ice on the windshield and collected on the wipers making them not clean the window so Tim could see to drive. Well, we ended up getting home 4 hours later than we should have! Tim and I had stopped at Burger King to grab a bite to eat on the road and about 3 hours before we got home, our bladders were about ready to explode, but we didn't dare stop, mainly because the exits were slicker than the road! So, we just kept plugging along! The snow was still coming down heavily when we got home! I'll post some of the pictures in a separate post. WHEW!!!! Glad to be home, safe and sound! Thank You, LORD!

Credits:
Cindy Ritter, Winterland Waltz
Fonts: apple butter and adorable

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwwww......And happy birthday to Tim!