Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, March 19, 2010

FLOWER POWER!!

I went grocery shopping today and Aldi had these "pot mums" for $3.99 each. The bright yellow flowers just called to me....."Buy me! Buy me!" So, as you can see, I did! The yellow represents sunshine and happiness to me! When the flowers start blooming in spring, I am always reminded of this verse in Song of Solomon 2:12, "The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land." The earth seems to be happy after the winter. I know I am happier when the days are as beautiful as they are today! I'm glad it is a pretty day because we are going to have the kids from our SS classes from 6-9 for a game night. We are eating pizza bread, chips, cookies and ice cream. Tim is going to give a devotion on Abraham offering Isaac, but the ram was his substitute, and from there show them how that Jesus was our substitute. That (the devotion) will take place while the pizza bread is cooking. Then we will go outside to play games like volley ball, kick ball, dodge frisbee, pole ball (I guess that is what you call it, where you toss 2 golf balls attached together with a string and try to wrap them around 1 of 3 horizontal bars for points). Right now I'm headed over to the fellowship hall to cut the bread and begin the preparations for the meal and the kids' arrival!



3 comments:

Kimberly Pitman said...

I bought pansies last week and planted them. Spring is here. Oh, yeah!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful flowers! I can't wait to get some! Hope your time with the ss kids went well! I'm sure it was fun.

A Soul's Heartbeat said...

How pretty and springy! Tried to email you but the email came back rejected and can't see how to do it here? Do you have a new email addy? Love the bright background on your blog! Makes me smile.