Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Nap Time!!!

I am writing this as I listen to the music play as Kara takes a nap. First REAL nap she has had since she's been here. Yesterday she slept in the car, but I don't consider that a real nap, even though I think it helped her some! But she has been a very good girl even without the schedule that she is used to! It's too bad that it would totally mess up my sleeping tonight, or I would be in there with her! She wanted me to, but I told her she would sleep better by herself for her nap. She agreed, which I was happy to hear! :)

I have to say that after we called and talked to her mommy and daddy last night that she said, I want to go home, with a little tremor in her voice. I said, I know and you will be going back home in just a couple more days. She said OK and that was that! WHEW!!! So, just so mommy and daddy knows, if she doesn't mention calling you tonight, I'm not going to, OK? Hope you don't mind and understand why I don't want to. I don't want to push the I-want-to-go-home button too much! That is the only time she has ever mentioned it, and it may have been because she was tired, too, but I don't want to push it and have her be miserable her last day here!

Kara slept longer last night. I took my laptop into the bedroom cuz she wanted me to be in there with her. Of course, my being there with the bright screen of the laptop, did not help her go to sleep one little bit! The music CD played through twice before she finally fell asleep! That was about 10:00. She slept til 9 this morning! We sat on the couch while she drank her chocolate milk and watched a cute CD I got for the kids about counting to 20 called Cranium's Ark. It was created by and starred one of the guys who had gone to Haiti to film for Children's International, I think, and sadly was killed during the earthquake. He left behind 2 small boys ages 2 and 5 I believe, so please remember his wife and these 2 little boys having to go on without husband and daddy. The Lord gives and the Lord takes away. BLESSED be the name of the LORD!

So, we decided since the sun was shining that we would go to the park. So after we ate a breakfast of toast with butter and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar, then a banana, we got dressed and went to the park. We got there about 11. There were several kids there with their families.

Kara climbed the rock wall to make her way to the curly slide, which she spent most of her time on.




This was a different slide. She was just about as tall as the slide was long. She only went down it a couple of times.
After swinging for awhile she said she was ready to go to the car. I said you are ready to go to the car already? She said not that car, the other car and pointed to this metal car, lol! She got to be the driver for grandma and "pappy" LOL.She showed us she could balance on top of the tunnel.
We walked down by the lake to see if we could see some fish, but the water was too muddy from all the rain. But we did see this heron catching fish, til she saw us!
Then we saw a family with a whole loaf of bread feeding the geese and ducks. One of the little girls got bit by one of them on her leg, so that ended her feeding them any more! But that didn't deter Kara from wanting to get as close as possible to them. We told her to stay back because she might get bit, too. She didn't seem concerned and kept wanting to get closer and closer.

She decided that after we ate lunch we would go home and get some more bread to bring back to the park to feed them. We told her we wouldn't be doing that today. But the next time she came to visit we would try to remember to take some bread.

And what better way to end the outing except McDonalds! When I took this picture she was about done. But I thought half a hamburger and half a bag of fries and her drink was a good meal for her!

3 comments:

Elisabeth said...

I love her curly hair!

jessicaday said...

No prob skipping a phone call. Maybe outta sight, outta mind will work well for her.
I was going to comment on her hair too - not only that you're really good at fixing it, but it must be humid because it's super curly!

Jessica said...

Looks like she is having a great time!! And I am glad you had sun today because it was yucky rainy here!! The pic of her and dad is great too!