Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Our last day with Kara

We had a rough night last night. I put Kara in bed at 9:30 (8:30 body time, lol) and took my shower and cleaned up some of my e-mail. At 10:30, Kara started crying. When I went in to check on her she said, I can't go to sleep by myself! I asked her if she wanted me to go to bed now and you already know the answer! :) So I told her I was done on the computer and I would be back just as soon as I shut the computer down. So, at 10:30 (9:30 body time) I am in bed!!!!! To sleep.........NO! I laid there for at least an hour. I know it was more than an hour because Kara's music went off just a little bit after I laid down, which she wanted turned back on again. I was still awake when it went off the 2nd time (the cd lasts about an hour). But she had finally gone to sleep. Then sometime during the night she woke up and realized the music wasn't playing and wanted it turned on again! Anyway, it was a looooooooong night!

She was very chipper today! She had a banana and 2 little drink boxes of apple juice for breakfast (our bedroom makes your throat very dry, which is exactly what she said). We got ready for church and I usually go over to the church at around 9:45 but when we were ready at 9:30 she was ready to go see papaw. He couldn't believe we were there so early! :) Me either!

Kara and I had talked about Sunday School classes and what kids papaw taught and what kids mamaw taught and who the teacher was of her age. She had already decided that she was going to stay with me, which was fine. But once little Sarah got there and they buddied up together right off the bat, Kara was willing to stay with Sarah in SS class. Sarah was the one who didn't want to go to SS class this morning! Sarah just turned 3 in February. Miss Ilene said Kara did just fine!

For preaching we sat in the back and one of the girls from my SS class sat with us and Kara and Savannah made friends very quickly. At one point, Kara asked if Savannah could come home with us. When I told her not today, she said then can I go to her house? I was shocked! It probably never would have happened, but just that she asked blew me away! Can this be the Kara that I know?!! :)

Kara wanted so badly to feed the geese at the park yesterday that I decided we should try to do it before her nap. I found 4 hamburger buns in the freezer and thawed them. She was ecstatic when I told her we could go before her nap to feed the geese! She was giddy, actually! And you can tell from the first picture below that she just couldn't wait!

She's got her eye on the geese and calling to them.
After the little girl getting nipped yesterday, we told her to stay on the bench. But the geese were not quite as "wild" as they seemed to be yesterday. She eventually got off of the bench.
There were a couple of geese that she mainly fed as they were the ones who hung the closest to her.
I fed this pretty white duck.
I kept throwing bread up into the air to watch the seagulls try to grab some of the bread. It fell into the water mostly where they dove in after.

Talking to the goose.
I told Kara to walk out onto the dock and see if the seagulls would let her talk to them, knowing they would fly away, which is what I wanted to try and capture on camera.
After we ran out of bread and the geese started walking away, Kara begged to go down the curly slide and I said only ONE time. Tim laughed! He and I both figured that once we were over there she would beg for more turns. To our surprise, she did not. But she walked away with a sad face, lol!

And, now she is taking her nap. She may sleep a long time and she may not, but I want to look up some addresses of Goodwill stores when done here, because Tim and I want to try to find some Goodwill stores while we are on the way back from Virginia tomorrow, where we will meet Jessica to make the exchange.....what exchange, you ask? Jessica gets Kara back and we get back our grandma and grandpa routine! We have LOVED having Kara and look forward to the time when all of the grandkids will be with us this summer, but now, as then, we will be glad for our 2-people quiet routine back! Thanks, Jessica and Michael, for sharing our precious Kara Bear!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like she had a GREAT time!! She is so pretty and SO photogenic! I loved looking at all the pics. She's very blessed to have the wonderful grandparents that she has.

jessicaday said...

I'm proud of her for going to her own SS class AND for not pushing it to go down the slide more. We've been working VERY hard for months now to stop pushing it - my word is final! :-)

Kimberly Pitman said...

What a fun weekend! Grandchildren are so much fun, but they are so exhausting (as you mentioned!) :)

Karen and kids were with me this weekend while the guys were gone to our men's retreat. Boy, am I ever tired today! But who gets a break on Monday?!

So glad you had a great visit.