Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

"Lucky" to be in Heaven.....

Today marks the 7th anniversary of my dear daddy going to heaven. I miss him bunches but would not wish him to be back in this rotten world in a million years! I am soooo blessed to have been placed in his watch-care as a child! While I didn't always feel that way while growing up, I have become a bit wiser in my old age, lol! Why is it while growing up in a Christian home you just don't always feel like you are blessed? Sometimes I felt like it was a curse. But that's only because I was a rebellious Christian! After I got married and started raising a family of my own, I quickly realized how important my Christian upbringing had been! So, really, the credit for my children turning into decent, God-fearing/serving/honoring children all began with my dear parents! And I know they are "listening" so I just want to say THANKS to them from the bottom of my heart! I will always love and miss them! I Love You, Daddy!

My sweet, thoughtful daughter-in-law, Jessica, had this sweet e-mail for me this morning (I asked her permission to post it here) which brought BIG tears:

Hi Mom,

Well, every March 3rd I think of you. I know you miss your sweet Daddy every single day, but there's something different about the anniversary. I only got to meet him once, it was July 4th weekend 2002 when Michael and I were just dating, and I remember he never stopped smiling (the exact same smile you have that never goes away). His family was all around and you could tell he was never happier. He had never-ending hugs for each one of them. He talked all about the tracts (or whatever they were called) that he made to constantly get the word out to the world about his sweet Savior. What an amazing man! He is truly missed, but I am so happy I will see him again in heaven! You know that's where he wants to be!

I love you, Mom.
Jessica

Thanks, Sweetie!

No comments: