Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Another busy week......

Monday - Groceries and miscellaneous shopping.
Tuesday - Baking for the Men's Meeting.
Wednesday - Church
Thursday - Thrifting
Friday - Ladies Meeting
Saturday - Laundry
Sunday - Church

Today, I got up and worked on this week's sign and created my grocery list along with other needed shopping items.  It was about 11:30 when I finally left the house.

First stop - Dollar Tree to buy some storage bins for straightening and organizing my bathroom shelf.
Second stop - Burger King
Third stop - Lifeway Christian Book Store - purchased a daily devotional, "Jesus Calling" by Sarah Young as suggested to me by a lady at church.  Written as if God were speaking to you.
Fourth stop - Hobby Lobby - Looking for Gelatos for my Bible Journaling.  They don't carry them.
Fifth and last stop - Walmart - groceries, bank deposit, round up

It was about 3:30 when I got home.  My feet were killing me, but I wanted to start working on the bathroom shelf organization.  I worked on that until around 4:15 when I started dinner.  After dinner I put the dry dishes away and ran water to let the dinner dishes soak.  In the mean time, I finished the bathroom.

Washed the dishes at around 7:30 and then started doing some Bible art journaling.  I got 3 pages done tonight:

Since I was on my feet all day, I decided to just sit and do something fun. I was inspired by a photo from Smoky Mountain Christian Village on Psalm 139:23, 24. Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Made me think of this song, another of my favorite hymns.

I did my first tab with this and also used chalk to highlight the verses with. Bought the chalks at Hobby Lobby today, cheap ones to try before purchasing the more expensive pastels. I used lots of alpha stickers, word stickers and stamps.....and a little bit of hand printing (just so I would remember how! :D )


One of the ladies at our church this weekend was telling me about a devotional by Sarah Young entitled, "Jesus Calling" so I bought it today. Found it half price at Lifeway, which was sweet! :D  The unique thing about this devotional is that it is written like God is talking to you.

For today's devotion, God invites me to bring a sacrifice of thanksgiving. I was reminded to not take things for granted. And not focus on what I don't have, but to be thankful for the many blessings I have been given.

Not sure I like how this turned out as it seems too busy to me. I bought an Itoya Calligraphy pen at Hobby Lobby today and practiced some calligraphy. I have a LOOOOOOONG way to go! :D  I also decided I needed to add some color after stamping everything in black, so I went over it a second time, purposely not lining the stamp up so the color could be seen. Not crazy about the page, really, but it is what it is!
 

A quote from hubby's sermon on Sunday. "A dead Savior is no Savior at all!" He preached on the Significance of the Empty Tomb. 1 Corinthians 15:14 "And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain."

She Reads Truth for today said, "The empty grave is the assurance that our hope and our Savior are very much alive. Thanks be to God!"

AMEN and AMEN!!!

 

Nite!

No comments: