Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Treatments and Thoughts of Mom

Tim had (probably) his last injection treatment today.  The treatments are doing no good on any lumps (tumors) except the ones being injected.  He has gained 5 new lumps since the last treatment 2 weeks ago and all of the other lumps are getting bigger, some doubling in size.  That is scary!  LOTS of the old lumps have returned.  And if that many have returned that we can see, how many are there that we cannot see?

Tim asked the doctor of his concern and he said he is concerned and will check results in two weeks and then begin the process of a new treatment.  The injections "should" be ground work for the next treatment, so he says.  However, the treatment he is thinking of  is like the second treatment, which did no good.  We are concerned about the cancer growing and spreading to other organs the longer they grow and multiply!

We know the LORD is in control of the situation, but it doesn't keep discouragement from creeping in when new tumors are growing all the time.  Thank you, Lord, that Tim is not sickly! 

Well, I DID begin a "diet" this week.  Really, just cutting back on the calories and I've been going to Planet Fitness every day and walking on the treadmill for half an hour and getting in 1 1/2 miles each time, so that is walking at a pace of 3 mph.  I want to keep this up for the first week.  Then I will gradually add more time to the walk.  I don't intend (right now, at least) to change the pace, only the time.  We will see what the future holds.  So far I have lost 5.4 lbs.  Thank you, Lord!  And help me to continue on this path!

Today, for some reason, I've been thinking about mom.  Maybe because I saw an ad for Mother's Day cards.  Mom went home to be with the Lord in 2005. Proverbs 31:31 "Favor is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised." Mom was a godly woman, but I didn't appreciate that much as a teenager. I'm glad she stood her ground for Christ in raising us in the fear and admonition of the LORD!

Here's my Bible art journaling page for this scripture.

Clip art of woman from internet. I colored with watercolor pencils then used a product called, Gamsol, to "blend" the color.  I need more practice with this technique, for sure!  But, I like how it turned out!
Nite!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vicky, I am so sorry that the treatments are not working for your husband. Will pray with you.

Keep up your good work with your diet/exercise program! Good work! I am posting here because I am not sure if I am going to stay with the bible journaling site....

Sherry said...

sorry, that was from me....