Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, April 10, 2015

Bible and Devotion

These two, Bible and Devotion, go hand in hand.  You MUST be devoted to reading your Bible on a regular basis to grow spiritually.  If you feel like you are at a stand still in your Christian life, ask yourself if you are REALLY as devoted to reading His Word as you should be.

Since I found the Bible art journaling community, I have spent lots more time in God's Word on a daily basis!  It causes me to hunger for "just a little bit more."  :D  It helps me focus more on what I am reading.  I LOOK for the tidbits that God has for me to remember from the passage.

Your Bible should be your main focus in reading and studying.  But, I also like to read a devotional.  Sometimes, the Devotional goes right along with the passage I am reading!  That is pretty neat!

Here's some pages I have done since my last post:

I decided to add some art to the "Jesus Calling" devotional, if the inspiration stuck me to do so. 
Jesus Calling devotional
 I kinda messed up on the left hand, but this brought back to my remembrance the time I went with Kara to a pottery class.
Jesus Calling devotional.
 So glad God is on my side!
Jesus Calling devotional
 She Reads Truth is focusing on the time after Jesus' resurrection to when he ascends back up to heaven.  The art is from the internet.  I printed it, outlined it with a micron pen, colored it and then taped it in place on one side so it could be lifted for journaling underneath.
She Reads Truth
 This is the chorus to the song, "He's Alive."
Song to go along with the She Reads Truth devotion.
 I loved how that Jesus called Mary by name.  It wasn't until he did that she realized who He was.
She Reads Truth
 I was able to tie Jesus Calling's reading into the She Reads Truth scripture reading.
She Reads Truth

Jesus Calling devotional

In other news, we had some rain tonight.  It got very dark while we were eating at Chili's and looked like it would cut loose any minute!  It didn't rain until we were in the car and headed for home.  Streaks of lightning cross the sky with thunder and BIG drops!  But, it basically circled around the house.  We got a bit of rain, but nothing from the thunder clouds we were in on the way home!

Storm clouds from Silas Creek

Clouds breaking up out towards the mall.

Got to the house and all was dry with some visitors in the yard

Stretching

Love taking cloud pictures with the sun shining through

The lilies we bought for the Easter Service last Sunday.

I was able to smell them a bit, but not much.  Tim said he could really smell them while he was preaching.

We went thrifting today and the only thing we found was a storage container and ink for the church printer.  We went to Gullions to pick up the VBS materials and I found this used, but practically new Bible.  Lots of notes, profiles and devotional comments.

That's it for today!  Nite!

No comments: