Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Progress

So, I walked another 3 miles today.  That makes 9 miles for the week so far.  That's pretty good!  I will do 3 more tomorrow and 3 more on Friday and I'll take a break for the rest of the weekend.  Unfortunately, for me, that means I will probably gain some weight back.  Last weekend, I gained 2 lbs back.  Sunday came and my body wanted to eat all day long!  So, I did OK basically with the meals, but I ate more than I had the rest of the week.  Plus, I wanted salt, so I ended up eating a couple handfulls of Cheetos.  I just decided to go ahead and do it and get it out of my system!  So, it worked!  I've had no desire for any this week!  :D

This week has made my total weight loss equal 8 lbs.  I'm satisfied with that!  One of the things that has helped tremendously is that I have been busy cleaning and getting ready for our house guests that will arrive on Friday.  Today after I walked on the treadmill, I went to Walmart to get curtains for the man cave.  I ironed and hung those, cleaned up the dishes by emptying the dish washer and then loading it back up again.  Then I tackled the kitchen floor!  After I got started, I was sorry I had!  I have tried lots of things to clean the floor with no results.  Besides the ground in dirt in the little grooves in the pattern, there were black scuff marks from Tim's shoes to deal with.

Well, I got the bright idea to use Comet and a scrub brush, which I hadn't tried before.  Well, as you can see from this picture, it worked great!
My "test" area for the comet.
 There was only one problem, being down on all fours was killing me!  My wrists, in particular, leaning on one and scrubbing with the other!  I knew I could not do this for very long!  So, I decided to try using the wet mop.  It did a fair job, but the heavily traveled places didn't get as clean as I wanted.....BUT, at least I was standing and mopping instead of down on the floor!

About 3/4 of the way through the process, I realized that if I let the mopped area "soak" for a bit that I could mop again with better results as some of the dirt soaked up the wet and released itself onto the mop better!  The painful part came when I had to get all of the comet back up off the floor!  It took FOREVER mopping, rinsing, mopping again, rinsing again in the same spot over and over!  I'm sure it still has some comet residue, but at least the scuff marks are gone and most of the floor looks like it is brand new!

Joy, at church, told me she had the same floor and she only mopped it with white vinegar and did so every day!  I need to buy the vinegar, but I think I will try to mop every day and see if that helps!  Plus, an added bonus to using the vinegar is that it will keep the ants away!  :D

I've only been on facebook during the day this week when I would take a potty break!  :D  So, I took my phone to church to check in before everyone started arriving before church.  When I walked across the parking lot, I caught this beautiful cloud/sun sky!  LOVE taking pictures of the sky when the clouds make it look so beautiful!
Tim and I will do our regular thrifting tomorrow.  We will eat lunch at Newk's.  He said that way I can get a great salad!  But I said, No way!  I'm gonna have my favorite chicken barbque sandwich!  The sauce is a white sauce and tastes like it might be made with horseradish.  I didn't like horseradish as a kid, but it sure is delish mixed with other things!  :D

Not sure what cleaning I will tackle tomorrow!  I know one thing for sure that I need to do is work on my menus for the weekend!  AND do the grocery shopping for that!  We shall see what strikes my fancy!  :D

Nite!

No comments: