Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Storage Solutions

I'm always looking for bigger and better ways to store things.  So, I keep my eyes open while we are thrifting.  This past Thursday, I saw an 8-hole cubby shelf at Goodwill for $26.  It was in really good shape and very sturdy.  I felt like that was a good price to pay for it.  Tim's comment was, "you can probably get it cheaper at Lowes."  I was pretty sure that I could not.  But, I didn't take it.  They also had a 12-hole cubby marked at $46.  I really thought that was too much to charge for it.

Long story short, I looked up cubby storage units at Lowes and they wanted $39.98 for a 6-hole cubby!  So, on Saturday I went back to Goodwill for the 8-hole cubby, figuring it would probably already be gone.  Sure enough, it was gone!  However, I looked at the 12-hole cubby again.  LO and BEHOLD!  They had reduced the price to $35.  It was mine!  And, they were even able to get it in the trunk of my small chevy trunk, even though it stuck out the back some.  They ran a bungy strap from the trunk lid to the bumper and I made my way home, one happy camper!  For now, I have it in the laundry/toy room.  I will be on the look out for fabric "baskets" to fit the cubbies for toy storage.

For now, I have the drawers from a plastic 3-drawer storage unit in the bottom cubbies with dolls and doll clothes, etc in them.  I like the fact that I can also rotate the unit 90 degrees for a shorter, wider unit.

Well, I'm dreading it but tomorrow I intend to start dieting and exercising (walking on the treadmill at Planet Fitness).  I have got to do something!  I am just WAY too fat!  I don't even like myself anymore!  Prayers would be appreciated, please!  It is going to take every bit of will power I can muster up AND God's help!

Here's a couple of Bible journalings I have done since my last post.
After Jesus' resurrection, He just appeared in the midst of the disciples and it scared the holy crap out of them!  But, he told them to touch him to feel flesh and bones, which ghosts do not have.

This is where Jesus gave the disciples the Great Commission to go out into the world and preach the gospel.  I had to add some yellow washi tape to section off the part I had done previously on the right.

This one is a little too cramped for me.  "His mercies are always NEW!"
That's it for today!  Hope you have a great week!
Nite!

No comments: