Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, August 25, 2017

Abby Misses You!

Hi Sweetie,
I spent most of the day with Ilene.  (I should have taken a picture!)  We went shopping, she took me out to lunch at K&W, stopped at Walmart for a prescription and then we headed home.  She couldn't stay because she was spending the night with her grandkids.

After she left, I went back out to cancel your phone number and change my phone number to your phone.  Then I took your other hearing aid back to the audiologist and donated it.  They gave me a tax form.

When I got home Joy was waiting on me with more boxes.  She wanted to see my journaling Bible.  Liz, Brad and kids (and Sally) came while she was there and brought pizza for dinner.

Liz went to Mega Thrift and the kids stayed here with me.  They wanted to go over and spend time in your office looking around.  They sure do miss you!  Abby most of all.  She keeps talking about you.  She said you  didn't get to tell her goodbye one last time.  She was at the hospital, but you were pretty much out of it at that time.  They all want something of yours from your office.  It will be hard to split all of your things up.  It will be hard to let go of them.  It is just plain hard to let go!

Another busy day.  Busy is good, I am finding out!  God is merciful.  I'm so thankful to have Him on my side!  He is taking good care of me!  Thank You, Lord!

Here's a song that someone sent to me in a sympathy card:

1    Day by day, and with each passing moment,
Strength I find to meet my trials here;
Trusting in my Father’s wise bestowment,
I’ve no cause for worry or for fear.
He, whose heart is kind beyond all measure,
Gives unto each day what He deems best,
Lovingly its part of pain and pleasure,
Mingling toil with peace and rest.

2    Every day the Lord Himself is near me,
With a special mercy for each hour;
All my cares He fain would bear and cheer me,
He whose name is Counsellor and Pow’r.
The protection of His child and treasure
Is a charge that on Himself He laid;
“As thy days, thy strength shall be in measure,”
This the pledge to me He made.


3    Help me then, in every tribulation,
So to trust Thy promises, O Lord,
That I lose not faith’s sweet consolation,
Offered me within Thy holy Word.
Help me, Lord, when toil and trouble meeting,
E’er to take, as from a father’s hand,
One by one, the days, the moments fleeting,
Till with Christ the Lord I stand.

Thank You, my heavenly Father, for being a faithful God!

No comments: