Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, August 31, 2017

Peace and Fruit

I spent the night with another widow in our church last night.  She does not have an internet connection, so I am going to post yesterday's and today's post here:

Wednesday,
August 30, 2017
John 14:26
Just like the Holy Spirit brings things to our remembrance about the Lord, He brings sweet remembrances to mind about you, my love!

John 14:27 spoke to me today.  "Peace I leave with you, MY peace I give unto you.  Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid!"

Thank You, dear Savior, for giving me Your peace that passes all understanding!  I don't have to fear or be troubled because You took Tim from me so soon!  You are still right here with me!  You have given me YOUR peace!  What more do I need?!

Thank You!  Thank You, Lord Jesus!


Thursday,
August 31, 2017
John 15:16 "Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye shall go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain:"

Lots of people have contacted me about the blessing you brought to their lives during your struggle through the cancer.  God chose and ordained you for the task and you brought forth much fruit!


Wonderful Peace

Far away in the depths of my spirit tonight
Rolls a melody sweeter than psalm;
In celestial-like strains it unceasingly falls
O’er my soul like an infinite calm.

Refrain:
Peace, peace, wonderful peace,
Coming down from the Father above!
Sweep over my spirit forever, I pray
In fathomless billows of love!

What a treasure I have in this wonderful peace,
Buried deep in the heart of my soul,
So secure that no power can mine it away,
While the years of eternity roll!

I am resting tonight in this wonderful peace,
Resting sweetly in Jesus’ control;
For I’m kept from all danger by night and by day,
And His glory is flooding my soul!

And I think when I rise to that city of peace,
Where the Author of peace I shall see,
That one strain of the song which the ransomed will sing
In that heavenly kingdom will be:

Ah soul, are you here without comfort and rest,
Marching down the rough pathway of time?
Make Jesus your friend ere the shadows grow dark;
Oh, accept this sweet peace so sublime!


No comments: