Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

He Restores My Soul

My Love,
Oh, to have just a glimpse into your "day" in heaven!  To know how you are praising the Lord, who you have met, your trip down those streets of gold, what your dwelling place looks like.......What a day that will be.......

My day was full!  I took some mail to the post office.  I cleaned out all of the clothes in my closet that no longer fit me because they are too big, which meant almost everything!  So, I went to Mega Thrift and bought only 50% off clothing!  Went to Walmart and thanked the girls at the bank for the sympathy card they all signed and sent and then picked up a few items while there.

Came home and did some laundry, took a shower for church, met up with Calvin, Sharon, Joy, Philip, Leland, Ashley and Greg Fleshman and their new baby.  We ate at the Mexican place at Oliver's Crossing.  Had a wonderful time!  My soul was restored with the fellowship!  I picked Lois up for church on the way back.

Thank You, Lord, for seeing to it that my soul was refreshed today!  "He restores my soul; He leads me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake."   Psalm 23:3


Thank You, Lord, for Your Blessings on Me!

While the world looks upon me
As I struggle along
They say I have nothing
But they are so wrong
In my heart I'm rejoicing
How I wish they could see
Thank you Lord
For your blessing on me!

[Chorus]
There's a roof up above me
I have a good place to sleep
There's food on my table
And shoes on my feet
You gave me your love Lord
And a fine family
Thank you Lord
For your blessings on me!

I know I'm not wealthy
These clothes, they're not new
I don't have much money
But Lord I have you
And to me, that's all that matters
Though the world may not see
Thank you Lord
For your blessings on me!


No comments: