Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, August 21, 2017

Joy Will Come Some Morning

Missing you, Babe!
I took a piece of mail to the church and as I walked through the auditorium, the thought of you never preaching behind that pulpit again started the tears.  I walked out of the auditorium and opened the door of your closed office and sat down in your chair and wept as I looked around the room at you.....your books, your fossils, your barometers, your family photos, your empty plant shelves, your certificates of accomplishment, your weather station, your label maker, your framed art.....then I opened your desk drawers and wept for the order that is you.....a place for everything and everything in it's place.....except you.  You have a new place now, an eternal place.  I'm thankful for the healing you have received in that new Place!  Joy will come to me some glad morning.  But for now, I weep.

".....weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning."  Psalm 30:5

1 comment:

Pastor David Pitman said...

I wept again with you as I read this. Praying for you.