Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

The Comforter

Ah, my Sweet! What glorious truths I have been blessed by from John 14 today!
v.2 "many mansions" - you have yours and mine is waiting to be occupied! Is mine next door to yours? I pray so!
 .3 "and receive you unto myself" - you have been received! You are with the Savior! How exciting! One day I will be there, too, and we can praise Him together forever! How I long for that day!
v.4 "ye know the way" - THE Way, THE only Way! You preached and taught Him almost 40 years! And now you have seen Him face to face! I'm so thankful I know THE Way and will see Him face to face, too!
v.18 "I will not leave you comfortless. I will come to you." This promise I claim today! Right now! Jesus left us bodily, but He came back to us... to me... spiritually! He is my comfort, even more so now that you are gone, my Sweet! He will lead me daily!
"In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct the paths. Proverbs 3:6

He leadeth me. Oh, blessed thought!
Oh, words with heavenly comfort fraught.
What e'er I do, where e'er I be,
Still tis God's hand that leadeth me!

He leadeth me, He leadeth me.
By His own hand He leadeth me.
His faithful follower I would be,
For by His hand He leadeth me.

No comments: