Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, August 24, 2017

Sorrowful, Yet Rejoicing!

People wonder how in the world you can sorrow and rejoice at the same time!  It is only possible with the help of the Lord!  Without His help, you can't do it!  It doesn't even make sense!  Pastor Tim Sigman, current pastor of the Buffalo Baptist Church where Tim and I were for going on 12 years before we came to North Carolina, honored Tim in a message he preached.  Yes, we had sorrow in the trial of Tim's cancer, however, we could rejoice because we knew that no matter what happened, whether God chose to heal Tim on earth or take him to heaven where he was healed, he WOULD be healed!  Selfishly, we wanted him to be healed here.  But, God knows best!  Click on the following link to listen to the message:  Sorrowful Yet Rejoicing. 

Missing you, my thrifting partner!
I started to do some thrifting today, but I just wasn't in the mood!

I had 1 1/2 hours meeting with the IRA guy at BB&T to get the ball rolling on some changes for the future when I run out of insurance money and become of full retirement age.

Other than that, I packed a few boxes and swept out and washed the inside of the blue car.  I will probably spray it off on the outside tomorrow.  Brad will drive it back to his house to try and sell.

I took your on-loan hearing aid to be mailed back and saw a Jade Gardens restaurant on the way.  What fond memories came flooding back of our favorite date night dining place in Cincinnati!

Still getting sympathy cards and some money.  Hard to believe you have been gone 2 weeks 1 day and 12 hours!  Will it ever seem real that you are no longer here?

No comments: