Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, September 25, 2017

Growing Up


Spent the night with Ilene so we (Lori and I) could ride with her to the doctor.  Her appointment was at 7:15 a.m.  After that we returned to her house to eat.  I left around 10:45 so I could get my packing done.

I brought most of my chicken parmigiana home with me from Olive Garden the other night.  So, that is what I had for my mid-afternoon meal.


After I got everything done at the house, I traveled to Elisabeth's.  Abby took a shower tonight for bed.  She finally lost her first baby tooth!  She is growing up so fast!


We got the kids in bed and then Liz and I took Sally for a walk.  It felt like she was walking us!  I need to walk more.  I think it would help to strengthen my back.  I still have problems with it from where I hurt it lifting Tim off of the floor the last time he fell before going into the hospital.  I can remember him saying, "Oh no!  Oh no!  Oh no!"  as he was dropping to the floor.  Knowing he was falling, but not strong enough to stop himself.


We are getting ready to have revival services in a couple of weeks.  I looked up quotes with the word "renew" (from Psalm 51:10) and came up with this one by Woodrow Kroll:
We cannot remake ourselves.  We have to depend on God to search our hearts and show us where we need a good cleaning.  Once we have cleaned out those areas of our hearts where we usually like to "hide" a pet sin by repentance, then God can renew a right spirit within us.  Revival is for helping us to see those areas that are hidden and helps us to get rid of them!  If we hide sin within our heart, God cannot bless us.  I'm so thankful for His forgiveness!

I saw this cute princess car at Walmart yesterday.  It is just so cute!  It reminded me that I am a princess to the King of kings!  I pray my King Jesus is your King today!  Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved!

No comments: