Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Pictures Are Worth a Thousand Words

Today I began working on the pictures taken during the last days of Tim's life and through the funeral so I can make a DVD for the family members.  I had to stop because it was making me too sad.  I had already cried quite a bit today with Jessica during lunch and with her friend that she used to work with.  What a sweet lady she is!  I loved her instantly!  She has been so faithful to pray for Tim and continues to pray for me.

James 5:16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Yes, the fervent prayers of all of our family, friends, acquaintances and on-line friends were not wasted!  Tim has been healed!  Albeit not when and where I chose, but where the Lord chose!  All this year, for some reason, I have had the feeling that this would be the year that Tim would enter the presence of the Lord!  I prayed it would not be so.  He wanted to be healed here.  But, the Lord had other plans.  I ran across this quote today in a devotion I read by Paul Tripp:  "There's no safer place than to be in God's best plan for your life."  And now Tim is safe in the arms of Jesus!  What better place to be?!

Safe in the arms of Jesus,
Safe on His gentle breast;
There by His love o’ershaded,
Sweetly my soul shall rest.
Hark! ’tis the voice of angels
Borne in a song to me,
Over the fields of glory,
Over the jasper sea.

Refrain:
Safe in the arms of Jesus,
Safe on His gentle breast;
There by His love o’ershaded,
Sweetly my soul shall rest.

Safe in the arms of Jesus,
Safe from corroding care,
Safe from the world’s temptations;
Sin cannot harm me there.
Free from the blight of sorrow,
Free from my doubts and fears;
Only a few more trials,
Only a few more tears!

Jesus, my heart’s dear Refuge,
Jesus has died for me;
Firm on the Rock of Ages
Ever my trust shall be.
Here let me wait with patience,
Wait till the night is o’er;
Wait till I see the morning
Break on the golden shore.

8/6/17 - Tim still knew his girls.

8/6/17 - Already grieving.  Nathanael, Jessica and Elisabeth.

8/6/17 - Mom and son.

8/6/17 - My last kiss from my one and only true love!
8/7/17 - Jessica and Nat.
8/7/17 - Jessica and Michael.

8/7/17 - Mom and son.  A mother's worst nightmare is having to bury her child.

8/717 - Jeff and Jennifer
8/8/17 - Reflection at the Hospice facility

8/8/17 - Final hours

8/8/17 - His breathing was very shallow at this point.  Notice his hands turning purple.

8/8/17 - I just want to remember the feel of him.

8/8/17 - I just want to kiss him one last time.

8/8/17 - Tell me you love me just one more time - but he can't.

8/8/17 - I can't believe I'm losing you!

8/8/17 - Do you have to leave me?

8/8/17 - Goodbye, Daddy!

8/8/17 - Nathanael and Jessica

 After Jessica kissed her dad goodbye, she went home.  Elisabeth came and Nat, Elisabeth and I went to supper.  When we came back, it wasn't very long before Tim breathed his last breath and entered into the presence of his Savior!  At 9:48 p.m. I watched him take his last shallow breath, watched the last faint heart beat in his neck.  I felt his heart for beating and knew he was gone.  That was the saddest moment of my life.  And, yet I could rejoice because I knew he now was healed!  100% cured!  Thank You, Lord Jesus, the Great Physician!  Now, heal our broken hearts, please!  Thank You for the years You allowed us to have with this wonderful man!  Lead me as I seek Your will for my life!



No comments: