Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, September 2, 2017

Visiting Family

Friday
September 1, 2017
Car troubles today, my love!  The white car's battery wouldn't turn over when I got ready to leave for my meeting with Joe Foster.  So I drove the blue car.  I got about half way there and the check engine light came on. OY VEY!  The car seemed to be running OK, so I prayed and kept going!  When time to come back, I prayed and kept going!  Thank You, Lord for getting me back home!  And Thank You for the white car starting after I got back home so I could travel to Jessica's!  Calvin met me at the house to check out the white car.  I had it started before he got there and left it running since it seemed I remembered running the car would charge the battery???  Anyway, he opened the hood, tried to check the date of the battery, which was hidden, but seemed to think everything sounded in working order.  So, off I went to Jessica's.  What a very long trip to make by yourself!

When I got to Jessica's I was feeling half sick to my stomach.  I ended up going to bed around 8 after taking all of my meds.  I started feeling better before I fell asleep.

Saturday
September 2, 2017
I was up early today after going to bed so early last night.  I think it was around 6 a.m. when I finally got up to use the bathroom.  I came on downstairs and read my devotions and my Bible.  My stomach has been iffy all day.  I hate it, especially since I just told the doctor at my follow up on Thursday that I was feeling great and he wanted me to start backing down on my meds.  Haven't been able to do that yet since feeling sick.

It has been a cold, rainy, lazy day today.  I took a nap on the couch.  Probably messed up my sleep for the night.

Terry and Jessica are in the basement watching the Notre Dame game.  I heard Terry WHOOPIE pretty early in the game.  Haven't heard much since then.

Time to get some gatorade.  I think since the kids are quiet, I will try to do some reading this afternoon.

I pray your Lord's Day is worship-filled, restful, rainless and pretty!

Father, I adore You
Lay my life before You
How I love You
Jesus, I adore You
Lay my life before You
How I love You
Spirit, I adore You
Lay my life before You
How I love You

No comments: