Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, March 4, 2019

A Grand Time!

This is a make-up post from a couple of weeks ago that I just didn't get posted.

We were going to have Jaxon and Kayden for a Friday night a couple of weeks ago.  However, it turned out that Jaxon tested positive for the flu and strep throat, so he ended up staying with his mom, who was sick, too, and Kayden spent the whole weekend with us so she could avoid the flu and sickness going on in her own home.

We had a great time playing games with her all weekend.  Here are those pictures and some of the videos.






Must have been too easy as Mark is looking quite bored here, lol!



Playing Monopoly Cards.  It is much more fun than the board game.

I was gamed out on Sunday, but Mark agreed to play more Uno Stacko with Kayden.

Kayden said she had only ridden a motorcycle a couple of times in her whole life (of 12 years!), so Mark took her for a ride.  She wore my jacket and gloves and an extra helmet Mark had downstairs.


Here are some videos of us playing Uno Stacko, our favorite game of the weekend.






We played Guesstures, Sequence, Old Maid, Monopoly Cards, Uno Stacko.....by far, Uno Stacko was the most enjoyable!  I was certainly gamed out by the time the weekend was over!  But, we had a grand time with our grandchild!

And I'm happy to report that everyone is well in Kayden's house.

No comments: