Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Much Better Now!

Well, the day certainly didn't start out in the best of ways.....can you say, VOMIT!

Araya threw up first thing this morning and it looked like the fever meds I gave her before bed last night.  Then she wanted some water and as we were getting ready to walk out the door she threw up again!  I knew it was going to be a long day!

We got her cleaned up and took the boys to school and came right back home.  She hit the couch with tablet in hand.  She wanted something to drink.  I made her take baby sips about every 15 minutes.  That stayed down.  Mommy suggested I give her a Tums.  I was very surprised she let it sit in her mouth for a long time before it was finally gone.

Next she wanted a popsicle.....then another, LOL!  That stayed down.

Next she wanted some cheerios and milk.  That worried me, but I gave her a handful with about 1/8 cup of milk.  That stayed down and so she wanted more.  That stayed down.

I could tell she was feeling better because she would hop off of the couch and run through the house to collect something.  Thank You, LORD, for answered prayer!

I sat by her until 11:30 or so and then got up to work on the puzzle.  I still had quite a bit to complete.

Araya "helped" me work on the puzzle.  And she reworked a couple of puzzles Chance had put together.
Reworking one of Chance's puzzles.




Another way I could tell she was feeling better.....look at her goofy face!



I talked Michael into going out for my lunch again.  


We played Monopoly Cards later in the afternoon before he went to pick up the boys from school.


I enjoy playing Monopoly this way a whole lot more than with the game board!


Araya ate half of a slice of pizza, a popsicle, some cheerios and milk for her supper!  I sure hope all of that settles well!

Today's main goal was to finish the puzzle.  I wasn't sure I could do it because I had lots of pieces left!  But, since I kept Araya home from church and Michael took the boys to Awana, I did it!
VOILA!  The puzzle is complete!
\
I'm going to go ahead and keep Araya home tomorrow, too, just to be sure she is OK.  Not sure what we will do all day since I completed the puzzle.  Have a great day tomorrow!

No comments: